At this year's NAHAs, fellow Launchpad editor Jillian Gordon and I were given a special pre-awards treat: Internationally acclaimed editorial stylists Sherri Jessee and Mikala Vandenbroucke prepped us to the nines with hair, makeup, jewelry, the works! We felt like probeauty royalty, if only for a few hours. ;)
Besides gifting us with fab makeovers, Sherri also gave us the following how-tos so that we could replicate the looks for ourselves at home! So the next time we want to look like VIPs, well...we may not have her masterful hand, but we can definitely achieve similar looks by following her instructions. And, if you feel so inclined to peruse Sherri's makeup how-tos (I assure you, Jillian and I will be studying these intensely!), here you go:
Details for my makeup: (pictured on right)
1. Eyebrows were given the perfect shape using an angled brush and a taupe shadow.
2. A soft smoky eye was created using a combination of colors from the "Bella Shimmer Stack."
3. Compact Foundation and "Compact Blush in Desert Rose" was brushed on to create a gorgeous glow.
4. Loose pigments were mixed with "Vanilla Bean Lip Balm" to created a custom tinted, lustrous lipstick.
Details for my har: To create shiny, smooth strands, a light-hold shaping spray was used for heat protection during flat-ironing. This provided shine and humidity-resistant hold.
Details for Jillian's makeup: (pictured on left)
1. Compact Foundation and "Compact Blush in Autumn Glow" was brushed on to create a natural finish.
2. A shimmery golden eye was created using a combination of colors from the "Iris Shimmer Stack."
3. Eyes were lined with "Eyeliner Pencil in Chocolate".
4. Loose pigments from the "Serenity Shimmer Stack" were mixed with "Vanilla Bean Lip Balm" to created a custom-tinted, lustrous lipstick.
Details for Jillian's hair: Braids are increasingly popular for daytime and formal affairs alike. One continuous French braid coils around to create six braids across the back. Hair is loosened and softened with a soft bristle brush.
Below: My Launchpad colleague Jillian Gordon's hip braids.
Below: Me (Launchpad's Alyson Osterman-Kerr) getting prepped for the NAHA red carpet.