THE place to go for inside info from beauty expert Sherri Jessee.
Monday, January 2, 2012
Katy Perry: Get the Look with MAC Cosmetics
Everything about this look for Katy Perry from her hair, to her makeup, to her bow tied satin dress, speaks of a confident, feminine woman. In a complete makeover, makeup has been toned down to correspond with her new beige blonde bob. Celebrity stylist, Sherri Jessee says it is easy for you to get this gorgeous look yourself if you follow these simple steps using MAC Cosmetics:
For Katy’s porcelain complexion apply Studio Fix Fluid Foundation with a #190 Foundation Brush. Begin at the center of your face and dust outward to edges for a seamless, matte finish. If you have any blemishes, dot onSelect Cover- up to spot conceal. Be sure to choose the formula closest to your skin tone for a natural look.
1. Note how Katy has lightened her brows to a soft taupe. Use a #266 small angled brush perfect your eyebrow shape and Kid Eyeshadow.
2. Cover the entire lid with a soft beige with shimmer Shroom Eyeshadow using a # 213 fluff brush.
3. Sweep Charcoal Brown in the crease line to create dimension. These soft, warm brown tones really bring out the blue in Katy’s eyes.
4. Line your eyes on top and bottom close to the last line with aPowerpoint Eye Pencil in Bountiful Brown.
5. Be sure to curl your lashes and then apply two generous coatings of Studio Fix Lash clump free mascara.
Cheeks: Swirl Blushbaby sheer beige pink Powder Blush on the apples of your cheeks.
Lips: Apply Pretty Please Lipstick for a pale pink pearl lip to complete the PURRfect look.