Katy looks amazing with her new look. Known as a trendsetter, let’s hope many follow suit and by also cropping off their hair into an edgy, choppy bob. Look how fresh and young she looks! Celebrity hair and makeup artist Sherri Jessee shows us how to get her look effortlessly.
1. The first thing that stands out to me is her amazing brows! Carefully tweeze any strays but be mindfull to not pluck away too many. Note the great shape of Katy’s brow. If your’s aren’t this gorg, please take the time to fill them in with the self propeling, self sharpening Eye Brow Pencil. Choose a color close to your eyebrow color. Take a clue from Katy, you don’t have to match your hair color.
2. A concealer brush is great to Prep + Prime Eye on the entire lid to smooth the texture and neutralize color and serve as a base for loose pigment.
3. Using a soft brush, pat Pigment in Copper Sparkle on the lid beginning at the lash line and into the crease. Also apply a small amount underneath lower lash line. This highly pigmented loose powder is easy to blend and long lasting.
4. Line the water line with Technakohl Liner in Going for Gold.
5. Plush Lash plumps, volumizes and curls lashes. Apply one coat, wait for it to dry and then apply a second coat for extra drama. Be sure to wiggle the brush back and forth to catch all the lashes.
Face: When working with loose powders and heavy pigments, it’s always a great idea to work on the eyes first, clean up any shadow fall-out and then perfect the complexion.
Mineralize Foundation is a rich and creamy compact foundation that is lightweight and easy to apply. I suggest using a soft foundation brush to acheive a flawless finish. Begin at the center of the face and gently dust outward to blend.
Cheeks: Mineralize Blush in Love Thing will allow you to build cheek color layer by layer. Put the most color in the hollows of your cheek and buff outwards for a slimming effect.
Lips: Viva Glam II Lipstick is a muted pink-biege with a satin finish. Apply with a #318 retractable lip brush to create the perfect shape.